Providing faster solution to any problem is a challenge and if you need to spend efforts on redundant tasks or rely on in-effective half cooked work-flows then instead of savings have to spend time in execute those work-flows. A Cloud for any of these tasks can be a best option as can share Infrastructure and can use on Demand but setting a Costly Cloud and managing it is not easy but now IBM provided a Cost Effective Optimal Solution named ISDM.
IBM Service Delivery Manager is a prepackaged and self-contained software appliance that is implemented in a virtual data center environment. It enables the data center to accelerate the creation of service platforms for a wide spectrum of workload types with a high degree of integration, flexibility, & resource optimization.
Use IBM Service Delivery Manager if you want to get started with a private cloud computing model. The product allows you to rapidly implement a complete software solution for service management automation in a virtual data center environment, which in turn can help your organization move towards a more dynamic infrastructure.
IBM Service Delivery Manager is a single solution that provides all the necessary software components to implement cloud computing. Cloud computing is a services acquisition and delivery model for IT resources, which can help improve business performance and control the costs of delivering IT resources to an organization. As a cloud computing quick start, IBM Service Delivery Manager allows organizations to benefit from this delivery model in a defined portion of their data center or for a specific internal project. Potential benefits include:
- Reduction in operational and capital expenditures
- Enhanced productivity - the ability to innovate more with fewer resources
- Decreased time-to-market for business features that increase competitiveness
- Standardized and consolidated IT services that drive improved resource utilization
- A self-service portal interface for reservation of computer, storage, and networking resources, including virtualized resources
- Automated provisioning and de-provisioning of resources
- Prepackaged automation templates and workflows for most common resource types, such as VMware virtual images and LPARs