Data Privacy, Data encryption or data security all points to securing the information. All this to avoid any unauthorized access to the confidential information say SSN, Passport Number or Driving Licensee and above all Credit Card. Data Theft if common and all processes in place within enterprises to safeguard data. All this helps to meet compliance and avoid law suits and distortion of brand image. As enterprises are adopting policies to control risk of data theft in all the areas and application usage, Information Server also needs to match it to benefit the customer demand.
Recently with Information Server 8.5, IBM announced launch of new InfoSphere DataStage Pack for data masking. This pack allows user to mask sensitive data that must be included for analysis, in research, or for the development of new software. Using this pack, you can comply with company and government standards for data privacy, including the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act (and its equivalents around the world).
Masking Pack has a variety of predefined masking policies to mask different types of data. These predefined data masking policies can be used to mask information in context-aware data types and Generic data types.
Some of the key features of the IBM InfoSphere DataStage Pack for Data Masking are:
- Consistently mask an identifier in all data sources across the enterprise.
- Mask individual records, while maintaining analytical integrity.
- Mask data values with fictional but valid values for data types or business element types, while maintaining application integrity.
- Mask data repeatedly, while maintaining the referential integrity.
- Create masked test databases.
Disclaimer: "The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent IBM's positions, strategies or opinion