Operating Systems AIX, Windows and Linux where it is released.
It contains InfoSphere DataStage, QualityStage, CDC, BG (Business Glossary), FT (Fast Track) and IA (Information Analyzer) apart from Workbench
InfoSphere Information Server by default support repository on DB2 9.7, SQL Server 2008, Oracle 11g and Application Server WAS version 188.8.131.52
Here is formal IBM announcement and Other Details
- Software Announcement
- System requirements for MetaBrokers and bridges
It provides a comprehensive data integration platform designed to simplify our clients' data integration platform while achieving new levels of integration acceleration, addressing the most demanding needs of your enterprise, and improving operational management of data integration projects.
New capabilities available in InfoSphere Information Server 8.5 include:
- Advances in balanced optimization
- Advanced metadata flows and automation across tools
- Support for high availability
- Simplified installation, configuration, and patching tools
- Migration tooling for upgrades from earlier versions
- New Blueprint Director capabilities to build actionable information blueprints
Disclaimer: "The postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent IBM's positions, strategies or opinions."